The TBD controller communicates with the smartphone through the app GARDEN WIZ using Bluetooth 4.0 technology, available on the latest devices on the market (with iOS system - from iPhone 4S and later - or with Android system - from Samsung S3 and similar). Make sure that your device is compatible with the Bluetooth 4.0 or later systems.
1. TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS
2. APP CHARACTERISTICS
3. BATTERY INSTALLATION
4. SOLENOID VALVES CONNECTION
5. RAIN SENSOR CONNECTION
6. DOWNLOAD OF APP GARDEN WIZ
7. DEVICE ASSOCIATION
8. APP USER INTERFACE
8.1 - Settings Tab
8.2 - Control Panel
9. ABC PROGRAMMING TYPE
10. PROGRAMMING BY VALVE
Number of stations: 6
Powered by batteries (2 x 1.5 V AA)
Ultrasonic-welded ABS body
Battery compartment with sealing OR
IP68 waterproof rating (totally submersible)
Controls latching solenoids Cable (red) for two-wire mechanical rain sensor connection
- By Program A, B and C (with 4 start times with weekly/monthly/by-cycle frequency)
- By Valve (fixed irrigation duration with 4 daily start times)
- By Valve Start Time (4 start times with independent watering durations)
- Watering duration from 1 min to 23 hours 59 min
- Malfunction alarms
Unscrew the cap on the back of controller and install two AA type 1.5V batteries, taking care to follow the correct polarity.
NOTE: before closing the compartment, make sure the battery compartment is properly clean.
1. Cut off the quick couplings and strip around 15 mm of insulation from the ends of each cable.
2. Connect the black wires coming from each solenoid to the black cables coming from the controller. Secure all cable couplings with waterproof connectors.
3. Connect the red wires coming from each solenoid to the corresponding station wire (blue cable) coming from the controller. Station numbers are identified by the tag on the cable. Secure all cable couplings with waterproof connectors.
A mechanical rain sensor can be connected to the TBD. Its purpose is to pause the irrigation when the rain falls down.
1. Cut off the red cable approximately halfway of the ring.
2. Strip around 15 mm of insulation from the ends of each cable. Connect both ends of the red cable to each one of the two rain sensor wires.
3. Use waterproof connectors to make cable couplings
Note: TBD is compatible with all rain sensors that work with “normally closed” contact.
Make sure your smartphone or tablet device is connected to internet. Download the application from the App Store or Google Play Store.
For Apple iPhone (iOS) -https://apps.apple.com/nz/app/garden-wiz/id1140857533
For Android phones -https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.talgil&hl=en
Move next to the controller and press the Bluetooth button. The application will show on display the available units. Select the desired one, which will be paired to the smartphone.
Enter the association code (FOR THE FIRST ACCESS, the code is 1234).
Step 1: Download the WIZ App
Step 2: Open the App (Make sure that Bluetooth is ON) - And click on the BT icon. - Wait until new device shows up
Step 3: Click on the device name
Step 4: Enter the paring code (1234) and wait for the configuration to load.
1. Device Name - Enable to grant a friendly name to the controller.
2. Change Password - Allows the user to change the pair code.
3. Serial Number - Display the controller unique ID.
4. Number of Valves - Define the number of irrigation valves to operate.
5. Time - Select your preferred time format. (AM/PM or 24/12).
6. Date - Select your preferred date format. (Day/Month or Month/Day).
7. Program Mode - Select the preferred program mode. By valve or by program (ABC).
8. Dosage Mode - Select the preferred dosage mode. Dosage mode per valve (one water dosage) or Dosage mode per start time (four water dosages).
Appears only when Program Mode is by Valve.
9. Irrigation days mode - Select the preferred irrigation days mode.
By Run list, Even/Odd days or by Cycles.
10. Main Valve - Specify if the irrigation system includes Main valve.
11. MV Delay - Set the mode of opening.
- None - No delay
- MV>VLV - The main valve opens first.
- VLV>MV - The secondary valves opens first.
12. MV Delay - The Delay before opening the Main valve and secondary valves.
13. Buzzer - When the Buzzer is On, the controller will make sound when there is a Bluetooth connection. In addition, it make a special sound where there is an alarm.
14. Flow Switch - Specify if the irrigation system includes Flow switch.
The Flow switch helps to detect No flow alarm during irrigation or Detects Water leakage if there is no irrigation.
15. Leakage detection delay - The Delay for Water leakage detection.
16. Factory reset - Reset the controller settings and the irrigation details.
17. Update - Display and update the control firmware.
18. Version - Display the app version.
The App provides two different methods of irrigation programming. The first one is called ABC. This mode accepts 3 different programs, with 4 start times per program. Each valve will be set with its own duration. At the start time of the irrigation cycle, the controller will open the first solenoid valve for its duration set. The second valve will start operating after the first one will stop, and so on for the following valves.
The second program method is called BY VALVE. This mode permits you to program 4 different start times per valve, independently from the others.
The controller is able to identify system problems, and consequently stop the solenoid valves. Depending on level of Alarm. The alarms can be of two types:
WARNINGS: irrigation has been interrupted or suspended temporarily for some light issues
PROBLEMS: irrigation did not occur due to serious system malfunction. By clicking on the icons on the App screen, it will be possible to find out type and details of any warning or problem detected.
Note: To preview or clear alarm - Tap on the alarm Icon.
Note2: For irrigation programs - The alarm is shown next to the Program name
Do not expose the controller to freezing Store the device in a sheltered place during winter period It is recommended to replace both batteries at the beginning of irrigation season, paying attention on keeping the battery compartment clean before closing it.
For more information please visit the product page -
or contact us.