|Category:||Metering, Domestic Water Meters|
Male Threaded BSP
Sealed register permanently protected dial multi-jet meter DS TRP MID is the latest range of sealed register permanently protected dry dial multi-jets by Maddalena designed to meet the strict requirements of the Directive 2004/22/EC on measuring instruments and of European Standard EN 14154. DS TRP MID combines high performance at low flow rates and maximum resistance to high flow rates and pressure.
DS TRP MID is designed for remote communication: it may be equipped with a pulser of the latest generation and a radio module that maintains the mechanical and metrological characteristics without affecting readability. DS TRP MID is guaranteed by Maddalena: a manufacturer of high-quality measuring instruments for the past century.
DS TRP MID multi-jet water meters feature a sealed register and a permanently protected dial design. The plate showing the measurement and the MID inscriptions does not come into contact with the flowing water. As a result, it remains perfectly clear ensuring reading with scaling and ferrous water and suspended particles contained in water. Readability is also ensured by the mineral tempered glass lens which has a flat and smooth surface and, unlike plastic lenses, is scratch resistant and does not turn opaque.
DS TRP MID meters are unaffected by external magnetic interference and are tamper-proof. Performance is unaffected by the installation conditions and the water characteristics. DS TRP MID water meters may be equipped with a new generation bidirectional static pulser. The pulser may also be retrofitted in pre-equipped water meters maintaining the meter characteristics, the design, and the mineral glass lens.
DS TRP MID meters are now available in a new version ready for retrofitting an inductive pulser. They are the only sealed register meters available in this design that retains the glass lens. This has been made possible by the introduction of a new glass (GORILLA GLASS), widely used in electronic devices, that enables the use of a fully non-magnetic sensor (patent pending).
DS TRP MID water meters are certified in accordance with Directive 2004/22/EC (Annex MI-001) and have undergone conformity assessment procedure B+D. The maximum measuring range Q3 /Q1 (R) certified is 200. As a result, water meters with a lower ratio (R160, 125, 100, etc.) may be manufactured. DS TRP MID water meters are also certified for use with potable water in accordance with the Italian ministerial decree 6 April 2004 no. 174 and international regulations.
Features and Benefits
- DN15 to DN50, PN16.
- Tempered glass register lens.
- Internal and external 60–70-micron fusion bonded epoxy coated brass body (OT58
- Horizontal installation only
- OIML (R160) and ISO 4064 Class C pattern Approval
- Low flow performance with high flow and pressure resistance.
- Inductive pulse and radio read module options.
- Quiet Multi-Jet operation and reliability
- No straight pipe is required.
- TRP = Totalizer Register Protection, ensuring reading accuracy.
- DS TRP is a reliable long life life-precision multi-jet Meter
- Residential, Commercial, Rural metered connections, Industrial Process, Agricultural and Irrigation Resources Consent Meter.
- Large in-built strainer protection, Stainless Bearing, Pins, and Protected register prepared for an automatic meter reading.
- Large Flow range characteristics with low starting flow
- Tamper Proof design.
EEC Pattern approval in conformity with
- 75/33/EEC and ISO 4064 Class C
- For DN15, DN20, DN25, DN30, DN40, DN50
EEC approval no B89 317.01 to 05
EC type-examination certificate in conformity with
- 2004/22/EC (MID) Annex M1-001
- EN 14154:2007
- OIML R49:2006 certified R160
Module B no. TCM 142/08-4604
Module D no. 0119-SJ-A010-08
DN15, DN20, DN25, DN30, DN40, DN50
Compliance for potable drinking water
- KTM / DVGM (D) ACS (F)
- WRAS (UK) Hydrocheck
Sensus - MaddalenaDSTRP - Technical Data
Other values of R available upon request
Typical Accuracy Curve
Sensus - MaddalenaDSTRP - Typical Accuracy Curve
Typical Headloss Curve
Sensus - MaddalenaDSTRP - Typical Headloss Curve
Accuracy and Reliability
The register mechanism is housed in a dry compartment meaning that it does not come into contact with the flowing water. As a result, it remains perfectly clear for reading when used with scaling or sand particles suspended in the water.
Stainless Steel 18/8 numbered drum and bearing shafts ensure accuracy is maintained for long meter life.
Internal components are made of Non hygroscopic, anti-scaling and wear-resistant plastic materials.
Each meter is hydraulic tested at three flow rates (Q1, Q2, Q3) on 100% of the production. Meter performance exceeds the previous ISO 4064 Class C.
The display on 5 drums for m³ and 4 pointer dials for litres ensures perfect reliability. The lowest resolution is 0.1 litres. The dial has a central disc for leak detection. The register is within a dry-protected housing isolated from water flow to ensure clear reading over the life of the meter. The meter is pre-equipped to allow remote reading and radio read modules.
- Tempered mineral glass lens of adequate thickness (1) The inductive design features a high-performance glass lens
- The numbered drums, the cubic meter fractions, the MID inscriptions and the serial number are in the sealed register and do not come into contact with water ensuring continued readability (2)
- Pre-equipped meters maintain both the mineral glass lens and the standard inscriptions.
- The serial number is marked on the dial both in digits and in barcode form. It is also marked on the closing ring (3)
- No upstream or downstream straight pipe requirements
- Installation in vertical pipes available on DN 13 and DN 20 meters (see relevant data sheet)
- R50 meters for vertical installation are also available.
- PiiP certification mark available upon request on Q3 2.5 water meters (certificate no. 01/325/2003)
- Internal and external epoxy powder coating
- Stainless steel numbered drums’ shaft
- Inlet strainer with wide straining area
- Non-return valve available upon request
- Internal components made of an hygroscopic, anti-scaling and wear resistant plastic materials.
- Maximum water temperature: 50 °C; 90 °C version available on request (not approved)
- Nominal working pressure: 16 bar
Marking available to either ISO 4064 Class C or OIML R49 Class 2 R160 pattern approval certifications.
Sensus - MaddalenaDSTRP - Typical Marking
- Single Reed Switch Pulse Emitter
Sensus - MaddalenaDSTRP - Accessories
Maddalena - DSTRP - Water Meter
|DSTRP15||15mm||DSTRP Class C Multi Jet Meter Complete. OIML R160, Qn 2.5m3/h, Body Length 130mm.|
|DSTRP20||20mm||DSTRP Class C Multi Jet Meter Complete. OIML R160, Qn 4m3/h, Body Length 160mm.|
|DSTRP25||25mm||DSTRP Class C Multi Jet Meter Complete. OIML R160, Qn 6.3m3/h, Body Length 260mm.|
|DSTRP30||32mm||DSTRP Class C Multi Jet Meter Complete. OIML R160, Qn 10m3/h, Body Length 260mm.|
|DSTRP40||40mm||DSTRP Class C Multi Jet Meter Complete. OIML R160, Qn 16m3/h, Body Length 300mm.|
|DSTRP50||50mm||DSTRP Class C Multi Jet Meter Complete. OIML R160, Qn 25m3/h, Body Length 300mm.|
|RS-DS||Single Reed Switch for DSTRP Meter|
|62015-T||15mm||Nuts & Tails - Brass.|
|62020-T||20mm||Nuts & Tails - Brass.|
|62025-T||25mm||Nuts & Tails - Brass.|
|62030-T||30mm||Nuts & Tails - Brass.|
|62040-T||40mm||Nuts & Tails - Brass.|
|62050-T||50mm||Nuts & Tails - Brass.|