The Generation 5 RADIO RTU system of TALGIL offers a perfect solution for controlling distributed irrigation systems, eliminating the need for costly and complex cabling and the potential for future cable integrity issues.
The G5 RADIO RTU system was launched in 2018; it is based on all the accumulated experience in TALGIL of thousands of wireless systems installed and supported during the past 20 years. The system utilizes low transmission energy, and therefore, no licensing is required.
Under good conditions, the distance between two units in the communication chain can reach a distance of 3 km, but the full coverage of the system is much larger since the G5 RTUs can serve as ROUTERs for other RTUs with up to 11 levels of repetition (total of 30km).
The G5 radio RTUs are energized by rechargeable batteries, ROUTERS are energized by solar cells with rechargeable batteries. For energy-saving purposes, the outputs activated by the system are pulse-latching. Therefore, they are suitable for use where no electric energy exists.
The bidirectional communication between the RTUs and the control unit enables not only activating remote outputs but also reading remote inputs, both digital and analog. To ensure information integrity, each communication gets a confirmation signal, and failure is followed by retries.
A G5 radio RTU system channel may handle up to 999 RTUs.
Features and Benefits
- The point-to-point distance of up to 3km can be multiplied up to 11 times by using the RTUs as routers for others.
- Bidirectional communication.
- Powered by battery or solar energy.
- Up to 999 RTUs per channel.
- Automatic selection of the suitable frequency out of 16 optional channels.
- Automatic selection of the most suitable routing option.
- License exempt.
- Asynchronous communication
- I/O test mode
- Automatic shutdown of outputs on communication loss and automatic recovery when communication is regained.
- Visual and sound signalling of statuses by LED and buzzer.
- Reporting RTU low battery
- Configurable wake-up signals.
- Existence of diagnostic RF sniffer tool.
- Irrigation control and management of medium and large farms.
- Centralized irrigation control of multi-crop and multi-irrigation sections operation.
- Monitoring, analytical planning, and irrigation control tools.
- Climate and other environmental parameters monitoring and control
- Where sophisticated irrigation methods are required
- Central control of a large number of control valves grouped together and spread over separated and large geographical areas
- Farms in remote areas that require remote control over cellular communication
- Projects requiring control of multiple and various types of water sources
- Irrigation Schemes - Offtake/Turn-Out
Talgil - RTU RF G5 MODULAR - Installation Example
Additional Features and Benefits
- Self-healing network – If an RTU loses communication with the master antenna, it will find an alternative route automatically.
- Automatic frequency selection – In case the frequency used by the system becomes too noisy due to interferences, the system will switch automatically to a different frequency.
- Communication retries – In case interference occurred exactly at a time an RTU was trying to communicate; the system will retry to send the message up to 3 times more.
DREAM2 & RTU RF G5 Master - Radio Network - Overview
RTU RF G5 ECO - Models
RTU RF ECO – An economic non-modular solution to be used where devices in the field are far away from one another and future expansion is not likely.
- 222 - 2 Outputs / 2 Inputs / 2 analog input (4-20mA / 0-5V)
- 112 - 1 Output / 1 Input / 2 analog input (4-20mA / 0-5V)
Programming is done easily by using the mini rotary switches (RTU with analog inputs require programming via PC/Laptop & Programmer device)
Talgil - RTU RF G5 ECO - Configuration Options
Talgil - RTU RF G5 ECO - Board Description
RTU RF G5 & Analog Sensor Options
G5 RTU has several options for reading analog inputs.
Some of the options are embedded in the RTU card. Some are expansion cards installed inside the RTU box, and some are external expansions that arrive with their own box.
In any case, using analog sensors requires a rechargeable battery and a solar panel.
The analog sensor values are transmitted from the RTUs to the centre upon a change in the value or a time period (Defined by the user)
The values are stored in the database for future analysis and can also serve as triggers to start or stop irrigation.
Here is a list of options for RTU RF G5 & Analog IN:
- RTU RF G5 MODULAR + 4 Analog inputs LIN expansion
- RTU RF G5 MODULAR + pH / EC Monitor LIN expansion
- RTU RF G5 MODULAR + Temperature, Humidity & Dew point sensor
- RTU RF G5 MODULAR + 4 Digital & 1 Analog Internal Expansion
- RTU RF G5 MODULAR + SDI - 12 LIN expansion
- RTU RF G5 ECO + 2 Analog Inputs
- RTU RF G5 ECO + 4 ANA IN (Standalone RF G5 - 4 ANA RTU - 0/0/4)
- RTU RF G5 + SDI - 12
Analog Sensors can be 0-5V or 4-20mA.
Here are a few examples of Analog Sensors:
- Air Temperature Sensor
- Humidity & Temperature Sensor
- Pressure Hydrostatic - Submersible Sensor
- Pressure Transducer
- Soil Moisture Sensor
For a list of available sensors - please contact Deeco.
Talgil - RTU RF G5 - ECO
|Product Code||DC LATCH OUTPUTS / DIGITAL INPUTS / ANALOG INPUTS||Description|
|TG-RTURFG5ECO112||1 OUT / 1 IN / 2 ANA IN||RTU RF G5 ECO 112 - 1 OUT / 1 IN / 2 ANA IN - C/W 5m Antenna|
|TG-RTURFG5ECO112B||1 OUT / 1 IN / 2 ANA IN||RTU RF G5 ECO 112 - 1 OUT / 1 IN / 2 ANA IN + Battery - C/W 12V 1.3 AH Battery, 5m Antenna|
|TG-RTURFG5ECO112BS||1 OUT / 1 IN / 2 ANA IN||RTU RF G5 ECO 112 - 1 OUT / 1 IN / 2 ANA IN + Battery + Solar - C/W Battery - 12V 1.3 AH, Solar Panel 5W & Mounting Device, 5m Antenna|
|TG-RTURFG5ECO222||2 OUT / 2 IN / 2 ANA IN||RTU RF G5 ECO 222 - 2 OUT / 2 IN / 2 ANA IN - C/W 5m Antenna|
|TG-RTURFG5ECO222B||2 OUT / 2 IN / 2 ANA IN||RTU RF G5 ECO 222 - 2 OUT / 2 IN / 2 ANA IN + Battery - C/W 12V 1.3 AH Battery, 5m Antenna|
|TG-RTURFG5ECO222BS||2 OUT / 2 IN / 2 ANA IN||RTU RF G5 ECO 222 - 2 OUT / 1 IN / 2 ANA IN + Battery + Solar - C/W Battery - 12V 1.3 AH, Solar Panel 5W & Mounting Device, 5m Antenna|