|Category:||Control Valves, 400 Series|
40-80mm - Female Threaded BSP
80-300mm - Flanged
The BERMAD Model 420-55 Pressure Reducing Valve with Solenoid Control is a hydraulically operated, diaphragm-actuated control valve that reduces higher upstream pressure to lower constant downstream pressure regardless of fluctuating demand or varying upstream pressure. The BERMAD Model IR-420-55 opens and shuts in response to an electric signal.
Features and Benefits
- Line Pressure Driven PRV, Electrically Controlled On/Off
- Protects downstream systems
- Wide range of pressures and voltages
- Normally Open, Normally Closed or Last Position
- Advanced Globe Hydro-Efficient Design
- Unobstructed flow path
- Single moving part
- High flow capacity
- Fully Supported & Balanced Diaphragm
- Requires low opening and actuation pressure
- Excellent low-flow regulation performance
- Progressively restrains valve closing
- Prevents diaphragm distortion
- User-Friendly Design
- Easy pressure setting
- Simple in-line inspection and service
1. BERMAD Model IR-420-55 opens in response to an electric signal establishing
a reduced pressure zone.
2. BERMAD Water Meter Model WPH
3. BERMAD Air Relief Valve Model ARC-A-I-I
- Pressure Reducing Stations
- Flow and Leakage Reduction
- Cavitation Damage Protection
- Source and “On Duty” Valves Management
- Pressure Zone Isolation
- Downhill Supply Lines
- System Maintenance Savings
The Needle Valve  continuously allows line pressure into the Control Chamber . The Pressure Reducing Pilot  senses Downstream Pressure [P2], and throttles when it rises above setting. Pressure then accumulates in the control chamber causing the Valve to throttle closed, decreasing [P2] to the pilot setting. The pilot releases accumulated pressure when [P2] falls below the setting, thereby causing the Valve to modulate open. Closing the Solenoid  causes pressure in the control chamber to accumulate shutting off the Valve.
Body and Cover
- Polyester Coated Cast or (DN250 and larger) Ductile Iron
- Stainless Steel
- Nylon fabric Reinforced NR with rugged insert
Bolts, Studs and Nuts
- Zinc-Cobalt plated Stee
Tubing and Fittings
- Reinforced Plastic and Brass
- 16 bar.
Operating Pressure Range
- 0.5-16 bar.
For lower pressure requirements, consult Deeco.
- 1.5-16 bar.
Setting ranges vary according to specific pilot springs. Please consult Deeco.
Patterns and Sizes
- Globe: DN80-400
- Angle: DN80-100
- 40-80mm - Female Threaded BSP
- 80-400mm - Flanged
Bermad - 420-55-2W - End Connections
For technical specifications (Flow charts, valve characteristics, dimensions, etc.) - Please refer to the Engineering Data:
Due to the wide range of options available and criteria for correct model selection, pricing and configuration are available on application only.
Please consult with Deeco engineers for more information.